LGBTQ Working Group
LGBTQ Working Group
The LGBTQ Working Group is part of Council's Community Engagement Framework, providing advice and input to support Council's decision-making and actions.
The purpose of the group is:
- To involve sexuality and gender diverse people including lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, asexual, agender, aromantic (LGBTQ) people and allies in issues that affect them.
- To provide sexuality and gender diverse people and allies with a forum to voice their ideas, concerns, needs, interests, and views to Inner West Council and hence the community.
- To provide an avenue for sexuality and gender diverse people and allies to plan and implement Inner West Council approved events and activities for sexuality people and allies.
- To raise awareness in the community of the positive contributions that sexuality and gender diverse people make to community life.
- To provide sexuality and gender diverse people and allies with opportunities to learn and develop new skills and meet new people.
- To allow sexuality and gender diverse people and allies to have input into decision making processes of Inner West Council that impact upon the community as a whole.
- To provide information and advice to Inner West Council on behalf of LGBTQ people and allies and organisations that work with LGBTQ people.
- Leading and engaging the Inner West community in projects that celebrate and affirm sexuality and gender diverse people.
Terms of reference
Terms of Reference (PDF 200.2KB)
Gabrielle Rennard, Community Wellbeing Manager
Phone: (02) 9392 5820
Date and time
Third Monday of the month - bi-monthly
Ashfield Civic Centre, 6-8pm
2022/2023 Meeting Dates
Monday, 17 October 2022
Monday, 21 November 2022
Monday, 16 January 2023
Monday, 20 March 2023
Monday, 15 May 2023
Monday, 17 July 2023
Monday, 18 September 2023
Monday, 20 November 2023
Download members list (PDF 20.9KB)
Agendas and meeting summaries