Some Inner West Council libraries will reopen to the general public on Tuesday 2 June, in line with advice from NSW Health. This has changed due to a delay in receiving the public health order.
Ashfield, Balmain, Leichhardt and Marrickville libraries will be open:
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 7.30pm
Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Saturday to Sunday, 10am to 5pm
- There will be limited seating
- Newspapers available from 10am Monday to Friday and 11am Saturday to Sunday
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 9am-10am, will be limited to vulnerable community members only
- Patrons must practise social distancing
- Computers will be limited due to social distancing requirements
- No group activities or meetings
- Numbers limited to: Ashfield 125 people, Balmain 80 people, Leichhardt 100 people, and Marrickville 300 people
- Haberfield and St Peters libraries are currently closed for refurbishment. Emmanuel Tsardoulias Community library at Dulwich Hill and Stanmore library remain closed due to limited capacity
- Extra health and safety measures will be taken:
- Books quarantined 24 hours
- Enhanced cleaning and hand sanitising
Find out more information about Council’s Coronavirus response plan here
To ensure everyone' safety, library items will be held inert for 24 hours prior to being loaned. If you are sick or self-isolating please do not return items for 14 days (late fees will be waived).
A home delivery service to everyone who is self isolating or at risk is available. Contact the home library on 9335 2134 or 9392 5109.
For more information on all of these services phone us on 9392 5588 or visit: innerwest.nsw.gov.au/explore/libraries.
The e-collection provides a selection of children and adult books, movies, magazines and opportunities for on-line learning. (You will need to download some third party apps)
Phone: 9392 5588