Council creates strategies, master plans and designs for our public spaces including streets, plazas, and laneways in the Inner West. The Public Domain Team work closely with the local community, business owners, and subject matter experts within Council and NSW State Government agencies throughout the process.
Community participation is key to the success of public domain projects. The community help Council better understand how spaces are used now, what is currently loved and enjoyed, and how they could be improved in the future.
Upcoming Public Domain projects include:
- Streets Alive – a program of Public Domain Master Plans that establish a 10-year plan for the streets in our retail centres
- Main Streets – a series of short-term wins for our Village Centres
- Public Domain Design Guidelines – an overarching set of principles and guidelines that will ensure the sustainability, design excellence, and liveability of our streetscapes
- On-Street Dining and Parklet Guidelines – practical instructions to ensure standards are met by retailers trading in our streets
- Little Villages Signage – a unique set of set of signs for Little Vietnam, Greece, Portugal and Italy
- Informing NSW State Government Projects – including Parramatta Road Urban Amenity Improvement Program, Sydney Park Junction, and Bays West Precinct
To stay up to date with Public Domain projects open for community comment, sign up to our weekly newsletters here.
For more information explore the links below or email one of our Public Domain Council Officers at email@example.com.