The new FOGO service has started!
- Your green lid bin now accepts all food scraps including meats, dairy and bones with your regular household garden organics.
- If you live in an apartment with an existing food recycling service, both burgundy and green lid bins can be used for FOGO. Burgundy lids will be changed to green lids in the future.
By recycling your food scraps through the green lid FOGO bin, you can halve your waste that goes to landfill. Read more about the changes here.
Check your service days and frequencies by entering your address below.
Please ensure your bins are placed out for collection by 4:30pm on the day marked on the calendar. Bins will be emptied during the evening and following day.
The collection of waste depends on where you live.
How to find your collection day
- Start to type your street address in the search field until your address appears - select your address and click search.
- Please do not type your unit, apartment or flat number. For example if you live in a unit at 2/69 Allen Street Leichhardt - just type in 69 Allen Street.
- If you cannot find your address use an alternative street or number. Your property might have a dual frontage for example.
- Alternatively you can download the Inner West Council Waste App to have your collection day details always on hand.
- If your bin hasn't been emptied, report a missed collection here:
Report a missed collection
Book an extra red bin collection
If needed, you can book a free extra red-lid bin collection on the alternate week to your normal collection.
- Bookings must be made at least 2 business days prior to collection in the alternate week.
- Please note: Alternate week collections will not necessarily be on your usual red bin collection day to maximise the number of collections in your area.
Book a free extra red bin collection