Annual written returns for Councillors and designated persons
Pursuant to Council’s Code of Conduct, Councillors and designated persons must make a written annual declaration to the General Manager within three (3) months after:
- becoming a Councillor or designated person; and
- 30 June of each year; and
- the Councillor or designated person becoming aware of an interest they are required to disclose that has not been previously disclosed.
Information that must be disclosed
The following information must be disclosed in annual returns:
- Real property
- Contributions to travel
- Interests and positions in corporations
- Interests as a property developer or a close associated of a property developer
- Positions in trade unions and professional or business associations
- Dispositions of real property
- Sources of income
- Discretionary disclosures.
Register of written returns
The annual returns are tabled at the first Council Meeting in October and made publicly available on Council’s website, in accordance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act).
Personal information has been redacted from the returns in accordance with the GIPA Act.
Section 440 of the Local Government Act 1993 prescribes the Model Code of Conduct for all councils, which requires new councillors and designated persons to lodge a primary return with the General Manager disclosing their interests within three months of becoming a councillor or designated person. Please find these primary returns below.
Information contained in returns made and lodged under clause 4.21 of the Code of Conduct is to be made publicly available in accordance with the requirements of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009, the Government Information (Public Access) Regulation 2009 and any guidelines issued by the Information Commissioner.
Primary returns – New councillors and designated persons