Justices of the Peace (JPs)
Please remember that JPs are providing a free service and they generously volunteer their time.
JPs in New South Wales are able to:
- Witness the signing of a statutory declaration.
- Witness the signing of an affidavit.
- Certify that a copy of an original document is a true copy.
Council JP services
- Bookings are essential and open 24 hours before the scheduled day.
- Visitors will be asked to provide a booking confirmation before seeing the JP.
- Please note bookings are for one person only at any one time. Carer’s or co-signers will be permitted.
- Please ensure you have your original documents, number of copies required, identification, completed forms and your own pen on arrival.
- There is a 10 minute limit per person. The JP will sign additional documents if time permits or you may be asked to re-join the line.
- A photocopying service is not available at the Customer Service Centre. Please organise your copies before arrival.
- Please note that this service cannot be guaranteed at all times as it is dependent on the availability of JP staff. We advise you phone first to check that staff with JP credentials will be available on the day.
JPs are volunteers and may not be available on the day.
Click on the location to register the day before the JP is scheduled.
If there is no registration open - the JP will not be available.
Douglas Street, Stanmore
362/372 New Canterbury Rd, Dulwich Hill
Not available 5 March.
78 Dalhousie St, Haberfield
370 Darling Street, Balmain
Patyegarang Place, 313 Marrickville Road, Marrickville
The Italian Forum, 23 Norton Street, Leichhardt
Not available 7 March.
3/260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield
Find a JP
Find registered JPs and their contact details in your suburb at the NSW Communities and Justice website Some local chemists also offer this service.