Rates are levied by councils on homes and businesses. They provide income for essential services and infrastructure. Rates are exempt from the Goods and Services Tax (GST). Rates can be paid either in full or quarterly.
Paying in full, your rates are due by 31 August each year.
Paying in quarterly instalments, rates are due:
- 1st instalment: 31 August
- 2nd instalment: 30 November
- 3rd instalment: 28 February
- 4th instalment: 31 May
If you have a general enquiry about rates, you can submit it online using Council's customer request management system.
Rates general enquiry
New BPAY Customer Reference Numbers
- We have allocated new BPAY Customer Reference numbers to all ratepayers.
- You will soon be able to create new BPAY view accounts for electronic delivery of your rates notices.
- You can still use your old BPAY reference numbers until we advise otherwise.
New AusPost Billpay Payment Reference Numbers
- We have allocated new AusPost Billpay payment reference numbers to all ratepayers.
- You can still use your old AusPost Billpay payment reference numbers until we advise otherwise.
- You can also still pay online, on the phone or in person.
- Our third party suppliers are currently experiencing technical difficulties.
- We aim to have the new BPAY View facility up and running as soon as possible.
- We apologise for any inconvenience