Community-Led Celebration Day (Multicultural) Grants
The Multicultural Grants provides financial support to plan and deliver celebrations of national cultures or national days of cultural significance to local communities across the Inner West. Formats vary but may include an official component, music, dancing and entertainment activities, recognition of community or individual achievements and culturally significant refreshments.
Council's Annual Grants Program will reopen mid-year 2020.
Community-Led Celebration Day (Multicultural) grants of up to $5,000 are available in 2019.
Council uses SmartyGrants administrationsoftware to manage its grants program. Applications must be submitted via theInner West Council SmartyGrants webpage. Applications must meet the eligibilityrequirements and no late applications will be accepted. Hard copy applications arenot accepted.
A list of successful applicants and their projects for earlier rounds, can be found on the Successful Multicultural Grants page.
Download the Inner West Council Grants Program guidelines here: Inner West Grants Program Guidelines 2019 (PDF 928.9KB)
- Provide financial support to plan and deliver celebrations of national cultures or national days of cultural significance in local communities across the Inner West
- In 2019, Multicultural grants are available for Chinese, Cypriot, Greek, Indian, Italian, Lebanese, Maltese, Nepalese, Portuguese and Vietnamese communities.
To be eligible for funding an applicant must:
- Be an Australian resident or permanent resident aged over 18 years.
- Be currently located or delivering services in the Inner West Council area or offer a project that benefits residents of the Inner West Council area.
- Be a legally registered, incorporated not-for-profit organisation or group. Unincorporated groups must be auspiced by an incorporated not-for-profit organisation (note: varies for Live Music Grants 2019).
- Apply for a specific project, grants do not offer a permanent or ongoing source of funding.
- Meet the grant stream eligibility criteria and address the grant stream objectives.
- Demonstrate the project is in the public interest and in accordance with Council's Community Strategic Plan, policies and regulations.
- Include a booking confirmation form for any standard or subsidised use of Council facilities (i.e. Council venues, parks and sportsgrounds) for your grant project, unless otherwise negotiated with the relevant Council grant officer.
- Submit an interim progress report on any outstanding grant projects before a new grant application can be considered.
- Only submit one application per grant stream.
Inner West Council does not provide grants for:
- Projects that have already occurred (i.e. no retrospective funding) or to cover a shortfall in administrative costs.
- Projects that duplicate existing services provided in the Inner West Council area.
- Organisations that have not acquitted previous completed grant projects funded by Inner West Council or who have outstanding debts of any kind to Inner West Council.
- Ongoing salary costs for project management, operational costs or applicant’s wages.
- Capital works such as renovations to buildings (note: varies for Live Music Grants 2019).
- Financial assistance for overseas travel.
- General donations to charities. Council does accept applications for projects run by charities.
- Activities that could be perceived as benefitting political parties or groups linked to a political party.
- Projects that could be perceived as divisive within the community.
- State or federal government departments (including schools, with the exception of Council’s Open Inner West Grants 2019) or projects which fall under the responsibility of another tier of government.
- Impact and quality of the project that contributes to Council’s Multicultural Policy
- Ability to deliver cultural benefits to communities in the Inner West
- Applicant's capacity to deliver a well‐planned project including applicant experience, skills and time
- Realistic budget including all sources of project income with inclusion of relevant quotes
- Merit of the application in comparison to the other applications
For grant enquiries please contact Ingrid De Meyer, Community Programs Coordinator on 02 9335 2146 or email email@example.com.