Ashfield, Balmain, Leichhardt and Marrickville libraries are open:
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 7.30pm
Friday, 9am to 5.30pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 5pm
Emanuel Tsardoulias Community Library Dulwich Hill, Stanmore and St Peters/Sydenham Libraries will reopen on Monday 26 October 2020:
Monday to Wednesday, 10am to 5.30pm
Thursday, 12 noon to 7.30pm
Friday, 10am to 5.30pm
Saturday, 10am to 4pm
- There will be limited seating
- Newspapers available from 10am Monday to Friday and 11am Saturday to Sunday.
- The libraries are now cashless for any photocopying, payment of fines or any other library business, you must be a library member.
- Tuesday and Thursday mornings, 9am-10am, will be limited to vulnerable community members
- Patrons must practise social distancing
- Computers will be limited due to social distancing requirements
- No group activities or meetings
- Numbers limited to: Ashfield 125 people, Balmain 80 people, Leichhardt 100 people, Marrickville 300 people, Emanuel Tsardoulias Community Library Dulwich Hill 40 people, Stanmore 25 people, and St Peters/Sydenham Library 25 people
- Haberfield is closed for refurbishment
- Extra health and safety measures will be taken:
- Books quarantined 24 hours
- Enhanced cleaning and hand sanitising
Find out more information about Council’s coronavirus response plan here
To ensure everyone' safety, library items will be held inert for 24 hours prior to being loaned. If you are sick or self-isolating please do not return items for 14 days (late fees will be waived).
A home delivery service to everyone who is self isolating or at risk is available. Contact the home library on 9335 2134 or 9392 5109.
For more information on all of these services phone us on 9392 5588 or visit: innerwest.nsw.gov.au/explore/libraries.
Find out about the E-library
The e-collection provides a selection of children and adult books, movies, magazines and opportunities for on-line learning. (You will need to download some third party apps)
Phone: 9392 5588
Make a general enquiry