Latest on COVID-19 safety at the library
View our library locations and opening hours.
- It is strongly recommended that face masks be worn at Inner West Council Libraries. Please consider others and wear a face mask. The latest advice from NSW Health is that everyone should wear face masks indoors in commercial settings. Some medical exemptions apply. Children under 12 are exempt but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable.
- Please use the Service NSW COVID Safe Check-in QR code when entering the library. Or check-in using the paper form at the entrance.
- Catering will not be supplied at library programs. You are welcome to bring along your own drink or snack but we ask that you do not share it with others.
- There will be limited seating
- The libraries are now cashless for any photocopying, payment of fines or any other library business, you must be a member.
- Patrons must practice social distancing
- Computers will be limited due to social distancing requirements
- Numbers limited to: Ashfield 125 people, Balmain 80 people, Leichhardt 100 people, Marrickville 300 people, Emanuel Tsardoulias Community Library Dulwich Hill 40 people, Stanmore 25 people, and St Peters/Sydenham Library 25 people
- Extra health and safety measures will be taken:
- Enhanced cleaning and hand sanitising
- All library members still have access to online membership and borrowing including access to books, audio books, movies, e-learning and magazines.
- Home Library service is available. Contact the home library on 9335 2134 or 9392 5109.
If you are sick or self-isolating please do not return items for 14 days (late fees will be waived).
Find out more information about Council’s coronavirus response plan here