Parks and playgrounds
Inner West Council reopened playgrounds, outdoor fitness stations and skate parks on Friday 15 May, in line with advice from NSW Health.
Users should exercise caution including practising social distancing. Use of hand sanitiser or wipes is recommended.
Commercial fitness trainers and boot camps are permitted to resume from Friday 15 May. Registered trainers are permitted to resume groups limited to 10 people.
Social distancing and good hygiene must be maintained.
Find out more information about Council’s Coronavirus response plan here
Council has many beautiful parks and facilities that can be booked for events
For booking information please read the details below.
Park bookings application form
Park and Sporting Ground (casual hire) application form (PDF 345.4KB)
Park and Sporting Ground (casual hire) application form (DOCX 144.7KB)
For casual one-off weddings, parties or picnics in Parks or Reserves
For casual one-off weddings, parties or picnics in parks or reserves please direct any enquiries and/or completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
For casual hire of sporting grounds
For casual hire of sporting grounds for sporting activities, corporate, charity or school events direct any enquiries and/or completed application forms to email@example.com
Terms of service
Casual bookings of parks and reserves will be managed in accordance with Council's Events in Parks Policy and Events in Parks Guidelines, both of which can be accessed below:
Events in Parks Policy (PDF 590.3KB) Events in Parks Policy (DOCX 151.4KB)
Events in Parks Guidelines (PDF 522.3KB) Events in Parks Guidelines (DOCX 179.5KB)
Tentative bookings cannot be made
Park bookings need to be confirmed with Council no less than one (1) week prior to the event.
- Park Casual Events (under 30 people) – bookings are not required (unless you wish to bring an entertainment or amusement device, such as jumping castle, petting zoo, bubble soccer for example, into the park).
- Park Minor Events (30 to 500 people) - the Park and Sporting Ground (casual hire) application form must be submitted.
- Park Major Events (over 500 people) require the following:
- The Park and Sporting Ground (casual hire) application form must be submitted to Council at least four (4) weeks in advance.
- If a Section 68 Application or Development Application is required, the application must be submitted to Council at least six (6) months in advance.
- If an approval for traffic and/or parking management is required from the Traffic Committee, the application must be submitted to Council at least three (3) months in advance.