Parks and playgrounds
Council has many beautiful parks and facilities that can be booked for events
For booking information please read the details below.
Park bookings application form
Park and Sporting Ground (casual hire) application form (PDF 656.3KB)
Park and Sporting Ground (casual hire) application form (DOCX 154.3KB)
For casual one-off weddings, parties or picnics in Parks or Reserves
For casual one-off weddings, parties or picnics in parks or reserves please direct any enquiries and/or completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
For casual hire of sporting grounds
For casual hire of sporting grounds for sporting activities, corporate, charity or school events direct any enquiries and/or completed application forms to email@example.com NOTE: the 30 people rule does not apply here. You MUST make a booking to use a sporting ground.
Terms of service
Casual bookings of parks and reserves will be managed in accordance with Council's Events in Parks Policy and Events in Parks Guidelines, both of which can be accessed below:
Events in Parks Policy (PDF 590.3KB) Events in Parks Policy (DOCX 151.4KB)
Events in Parks Guidelines (PDF 522.3KB) Events in Parks Guidelines (DOCX 179.5KB)
Tentative bookings cannot be made
Park bookings need to be confirmed with Council no less than one (1) week prior to the event.
- Park Casual Events (under 30 people) – bookings are not required (unless you wish to bring an entertainment or amusement device, such as jumping castle, petting zoo, bubble soccer for example, into the park). This is for Parks ONLY. Sporting Grounds always require a booking no matter how many people you have attending,
- Park Minor Events (30 to 500 people) - the Park and Sporting Ground (casual hire) application form must be submitted.
- Park Major Events (over 500 people) require the following:
- The Park and Sporting Ground (casual hire) application form must be submitted to Council at least four (4) weeks in advance.
- If a Section 68 Application or Development Application is required, the application must be submitted to Council at least six (6) months in advance.
- If an approval for traffic and/or parking management is required from the Traffic Committee, the application must be submitted to Council at least three (3) months in advance.
Using Council's booking system
Before you begin
Bookings will not be accepted within seven (7) days of a proposed event date.
If engaging the services of contractor to provide equipment you will be required to submit public liability insurance
How to make a booking for the first time and set up an account
At the bottom of each park's respective information page there is
an 'Apply online here' tab that will take you to the booking system.
here you will be able to make a provisional booking request for your preferred
event date and upload your documents.
see the following guide to assist you.
Cancelling a booking
Log in to your account and go to 'My Bookings', and for the relevant booking, click on 'Manage'.
Once in the booking, click on the "Request Cancellation" tab on the top right or bottom of the booking.
Please see the following guide to assist you.
Make a general enquiry
You can use Council's online customer service request system to make a general enquiry about our parks.
Make a general park enquiry
You may also email the bookings team directly via firstname.lastname@example.org