Planning Certificates are also known as zoning certificates. They are a legal document issued by Council under Section 10.7 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and contain the information required by Schedule 2 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021.
There are 2 types of section 10.7 certificates available:
- A Section 10.7(2) certificate shows the zoning of the property, its relevant state, regional and local planning controls and other property issues such as land contamination and if the property is subject to flood.
- A Section 10.7(2) and 10.7(5) certificate provides the same information as above but also includes other factors such as advice from other authorities and certain information that Council holds on a property that is relevant to the land but is not disclosed in a Section 10.7(2) certificate.
While the certificate will state all the relevant planning instruments that apply to the property, it does not specify all development standards or terms of the instruments. If you propose to develop the property, we recommend undertaking thorough research of all planning instruments which apply to the land.
A Section 10.7 Planning Certificate is processed and issued by Council within five (5) business days.
Urgent certificates can be processed within 24 hours for an additional fee. To allow for a 24-hour turnaround, we must receive your application no later than 3.30pm the day before it is required during weekdays. Applications received on a Friday will not be available until the next business day excluding public holidays.
The following fees are current from 1 July 2022 to 30 June 2023:
- Section 10.7 (2) Planning Certificate: $62.00
- Section 10.7 (2) and 10.7 (5) Certificate: $156.00
- Additional urgency fee: $217.10
To apply for a Planning Certificate, you will need to register for an account on Council's online self-service website. Verification can take up to two (2) business days.
Once your account is verified, you can apply for a Planning Certificate using the same link.
Go to online self-service
Need further assistance? Click the link below for guidelines on how to lodge a Planning Certificate.
How to lodge a Planning Certificate application (PDF 884.8KB)
Make an enquiry
If you have an enquiry relating to a Planning Certificate, you can submit it online here.
Make an enquiry