Active Inner West Grants
The Active Inner West grants stream (formally known as Recreation Grants) provides financial support to community and non-government groups that offer sport and/or active recreation programs and services to residents in the Inner West.
It is expected that the Active Inner West grants round will open mid-April.
Active Inner West grants of up to $5,000 per year for two years (multiyear).
A list of successful applicants and their projects for earlier rounds, can be found on the Successful Recreation Grants page.
- Address and remove barriers to participation and engagement.
- Promote an active, inclusive, and healthy community.
- Increase and/or enhance regular and ongoing participation opportunities in sport, active recreation, or structured physical activity in a sustainable manner
- Build the capacity of the organisation to enhance the provision of sport and active recreation services (provide training to develop the skills of volunteers).
- Impact and quality of the project that contributes to Council’s Community Strategic Plan, ‘Recreation Strategy and Action Plan 2023-32’ and grant objectives
- Provide sporting and/or recreation benefits to communities in the Inner West
- Ability to improve access, inclusion, diversity, and participation in sport and/or recreation activities with sustainable outcomes
- Applicant’s capacity to deliver a well-planned project, including relevant applicant experience, skills, and time
- Realistic budget, including all sources of project income and quotes where relevant.
Brief eligibility criteria
Inner West Council provides grants for projects that have not yet commenced, and in limited cases people who have not yet acquitted a previous grant may be eligible to apply again. In addition:
- Council does fund Parents and Citizen organisations but does not fund projects for schools.
- Council only provides support for capital projects in the Environment grant stream, and Council does not provide support for interstate or overseas travel.
- Council does not fund political parties or their activities.
- Recipients of the 2022 Recreation Grants are ineligible to apply.
Applicants are encouraged to speak with a Council grant officer before applying - email@example.com
How to apply
Council uses SmartyGrants administration software to manage its grants program. Applications must be submitted via the Inner West Council SmartyGrants webpage. Applications must meet the eligibility requirements and no late applications will be accepted. Hard copy applications are not accepted.