Babies & toddlers
Programs for children ages 0-5
Our programs encourage a love of books and enjoyment of the library.
Programs are held across Inner West Library locations during NSW public school term times.
Refer to the table below for session times and locations. No bookings required.
Suitable for ages 0-2 years.
Introduce babies and carers to the fun and enjoyment of rhythm and nursery rhymes.
Suitable for ages 3-5 years.
Stories and rhymes to encourage a love of books and a desire to learn to read.
Sessions support pre-schoolers with listening and language skills and being comfortable as part of a group in a fun and engaging way.
Storytime with Patti the Pig
Join us for a special Storytime session with Patti the Pig who will teach children and families about the FOGO bin system. Children will explore and develop an understanding of the role they can play in looking after the environment and teach them about recycling and waste reduction. For ages 3-5. No bookings required.
- Haberfield Library - Tuesday 5 December, 10.30am-11am
- Marrickville Library - Wednesday 6 December, 10.30am-11am
Discover more about composting and recycling from our collection.
Family Tales introduces the enjoyment of books and rhythm in a lively weekend session aimed at children aged 0-5 and their carers.
Babies and Toddlers 2023 flyer schedule (PDF 412.7KB)
- Our goal is to have fun together with rhymes and books in a safe and happy space.
- Plan to arrive on time – allow extra time for parking, bathroom visits and to settle your child.
- Please don’t leave your child unattended at any time.
- Participate with your child.
- If your child is crying or disrupting others, please step out and quietly return once your child is ready.
- Please put toys away as they may distract others.
- No food or drink to be consumed during storytime due to allergies and possible anaphylaxis.
- Please refrain from chatting with other parents during the program as this is distracting to both the session leader and the audience.
- Please silence your mobiles.
- Please no photography.
- Have fun!
Book Buddies and Storytime online
Keep connected through our digital offerings for babies and toddlers.
Descriptive transcript (DOCX 653KB)
Descriptive transcript (DOCX 655.7KB)
School visits at the libraries
Inspire little life-long learners by connecting with your local Inner West Library branch. Introduce your students to our collections, reading resources and services.
We welcome educator-led visits from preschool and childcare centres for quiet reading and or borrowing. To ensure a quality library experience, we recommend contacting the Children’s Librarian at least two weeks ahead of your planned visit. This will enable us to consider space capacities and any potential clash with regular programs at your nominated visit time.
In addition, all childcare and pre-school services located in the Inner West Council LGA are entitled to one 30min storytime delivered by library staff per year. This storytime can be delivered as a virtual visit to your centre via Microsoft Teams.
Preschools and childcare centres may also be invited to special library events throughout the year.
Please contact the Children’s Librarian to arrange a suitable time.
Activities for children across the Inner West
Inner West Council has a number of activities for Children available across the Inner West, including the Magic Yellow Bus.
Keep up to date with Council’s activities for children and families.