Street parties

Street parties are a fun way to get to know the neighbours – to socialise and share ideas.

A successful street party could be as small and intimate as a few chairs in a front yard, right up to a BBQ in your local park, or a party in your street or unit block.

Street parties are a great way to connect with neighbours who you see regularly, but don't know well. Street parties are a chance to stop and say hello, and introduce yourselves. They enhance social cohesion, and contribute to a greater sense of trust and safety, and better health and well-being in the community.

Select your suburb below to see what you need to do to hold a street party in your area.

Inner West Council – Ashfield

Please contact the Ashfield Customer Service Centre on 02 9392 5000 and ask to speak to a member of the Traffic Team to discuss road closures for a street party.

Inner West Council – Leichhardt

Please call the Leichhardt Customer Service Centre on 02 9392 5000 and ask to speak to a member of the Traffic Team to road closures for a street party.

Complete the Street Party Application Form (PDF 281.5KB) and submit with the a Traffic Control Plan (TCP) prepared by a RMS accredited traffic control licensee /Company.

You can submit the Street Party Application Form and the Traffic Control Plan the following ways:

  • By email to
  • In person at:
    Inner West Council Leichhardt Service Centre
    7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt
  • By post to Inner West Council : PO Box 45, Leichhardt, NSW, 2040

All the above documentation needs to be submitted at least six weeks in advance for approval by the Local Traffic Committee and Council.

Inner West Council – Marrickville

Please use Council's online booking system to book your street party.

Rate this page

  • Rate as The content was useful25.00% The content was useful votes
  • Rate as The content was not useful75.00% The content was not useful votes

Thanks for your feedback. We will use this data to improve the content of this page.

Page last updated: 14 Feb 2019