Celebrating our cutting edge creatives and our vibrant local communities
EDGE expressions of interest NOW OPEN
See also: Art on the GreenWay, which is part of EDGE GreenWay 2019.
- Opens 5pm, Friday 16 November 2018
- Closes 10am, Monday 17 December 2018
Inner West Council is set to transform the Inner West with the launch of its new cultural program EDGE Inner West. The program will make over local neighbourhoods and precincts with innovative art installations, street art, light projects, music and live performances that celebrate the powerful impact of creatives in our communities. We are calling on all artists, musicians, performers, producers, creatives to get involved.
EDGE aims to:
- Present a series of rolling activations that showcase local precincts, creative spaces and arts enterprises.
- Build community, arts and businesses partnerships
- Engage local artists and diverse communities to express local identity
- Profile the inner west as the creative engine room of global Sydney
EDGE will see Council working collaboratively with the creative
sector to develop initiatives, curate programs and produce lasting
benefits for the inner west
Activations will complement existing events or programs, support
community cultural initiatives and add a contemporary edge to engage
local creatives, attract community participation, focus on assets and
stories unique to the area and invite innovation in our iconic sites.
The Living Arts team is compiling a database of all potential
partners, groups, artists and communities who are interested in this
program and can contribute to the local community.
How to get involved
- Register for EDGE to tell us what you do and receive all the latest updates
- Develop your ideas and collaborations
- Attend creative brainstorming sessions
- Respond to expressions of interest as they emerge
- Spread the word
Proposed dates and sites
Our EDGE Ashfiled program took place in August 2018. See our image gallery below of the opening night performers and visitors.