Sustainable Schools Network
Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment in your school? Join the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network (IWSSN).
The IWSSN is a forum for school sustainability leaders to connect, share skills and learning resources, find opportunities, and inspire ideas for growing individual and collective action.
The network is open to principals, teachers, specialists, P&Cs, volunteers and educators from all government and non-government schools, and all primary and high schools, in the Inner West Council area.
The IWSSN provides:
- Peer-to-peer learning among sustainability educators in the Inner West
- Quarterly network meetings to connect, share skills and learning resources (see details below for next meeting)
- One hour Professional Learning accreditation for Department of Education teachers attending a network meeting
- A link between Council and schools
- Regular email updates connecting schools to environmental programs, local activities and upcoming funding opportunities
The network meets once a term at a different host school or organisation. The next IWSSN meeting is an online, joint network meeting with Canada Bay's sustainable schools network in Term 3, 2020:
Sustainable Schools Network Meeting
When: Thursday 20 August 2020, 4 - 5pm
RSVP: Register via Eventbrite
Online: Webinar via Microsoft Teams (we’ll send you the link after you register through Eventbrite)
Join the Inner West Council and City of Canada Bay shared network meeting online.
- Meeting topic: Sustainable Schools and Health Promoting Schools...what’s the connection?
- Guest presenter, Helen Dirkis, Program Manager, Early Years & Youth at Sydney Local Health District Health Promotion Unit, will discuss how green and healthy schools can contribute to green and healthy futures.
- Department of Education teachers can receive 1 hour's Non Registered professional learning accreditation, through MyPL, for attending this Sustainability Network meeting. Please enrol prior to the meeting through your MyPL portal using the details: Course Name: Sustainability Network. Course Code: NR09055
- You can also personally add the course (including it's entire duration) to your NESA account as Teacher Identified Professional Learning. The Standard addressed is 7.4.2 .
Note: if you enrol via MyPL you still need to Register via Eventbrite so we know you’re coming and can send you the Zoom link.
Join the Network
Complete the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network online form to start receiving email updates and invitations to network meetings.
“It’s great to see what’s happening at other schools as far as sustainability and the environment goes - learning how other schools engage both teachers and students and how they incorporate sustainability into the curriculum.”
- Stephen Jackson, Stanmore Public School
For more information about the network, please contact Anne Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org