Sustainable Schools Network
Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment in your school? Join the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network (IWSSN).
The IWSSN is a forum for school sustainability leaders to connect, share skills and learning resources, find opportunities, and inspire ideas for growing individual and collective action.
The network is open to principals, teachers, P&Cs, volunteers and educators from all government and non-government schools, and all primary and high schools, in the Inner West Council area.
The IWSSN provides:
- Peer-to-peer learning among sustainability educators in the Inner West
- Quarterly network meetings to connect, share skills and learning resources (see details below for next meeting)
- One hour Professional Learning accreditation for Department of Education teachers attending a network meeting
- A link between Council and schools
- Regular email updates connecting schools to environmental programs, local activities and upcoming funding opportunities
The network meets once a term at a different host school or organisation, or online. Draft meeting schedule for 2023:
- Term 1: week 6 or 7 – host Marrickville High School
Term 2: week 2 or 3
Term 3: week 6 or 7
Term 4: week 2 or 3
Claim teacher professional learning accreditation for attending meetings
Teachers can register their participation through their NESA / Teacher Accreditation / ETAMS account under Elective Professional Development.
The Course addresses Standard 6 Engage in Professional Learning
- 6.2.2 Participate in learning to update knowledge and practice targeted to professional needs and school and/or system priorities.
- 6.3.2 Contribute to collegial discussions and apply constructive feedback from colleagues to improve professional knowledge and practice.
- 6.4.2 Undertake professional learning programs designed to address identified student learning needs.
Join the Network
Complete the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network online form to start receiving email updates and invitations to network meetings.
Here's what some of our network members have to say:
“It’s great to see what’s happening at other schools as far as sustainability and the environment goes - learning how other schools engage both teachers and students and how they incorporate sustainability into the curriculum.”
"I love this chance to connect with uplifting people who share the same values!"
"I like connecting with other eco educators and seeing that there is so much happening in the Inner West"
"Very friendly and welcoming"