Event submission guidelines
Back to event registration
All community events submitted for consideration must meet the guidelines below in addition to the event submission terms and conditions.
All events must:
- Occur at a specific venue or location within the Inner West Council local government area. See Inner West Council area map here
- Be organised by residents and businesses in the Inner West Council local government area and/or be considered of benefit to the residents of the area.
- Have a specific start and finish time. Links to static videos are permitted but must include a set date plus a start and finish time.
- Be submitted with a high-quality image cropped to 540 by 540 pixels.
Images should be photographs - not logos, info graphics, flyers or brochures. Images should not have any text on them.
We reserve the right to refuse the submission if the image is not of the right standard.
- Be resubmitted every four to eight weeks if the event recurs for longer than this period.
- Be finalised and confirmed prior to submission – events with dates or locations yet to be announced will not be listed.
- Be submitted at least 7 working days prior to the event date.
- Be open to the general public.
- Be free, of minimal cost (i.e. less than $20) or not for profit.
- Have broad appeal to the Inner West community.
- Be lawful, including meeting any Council development and planning requirements.
- Be submitted by the event organiser or their authorised agent over the age of 18.
The following event listings are not permitted:
- Events that are overtly political or raise funds for a political party.
- Events that are a direct advertisement for a business or commercial entity.
- Events that are part of professional development or qualification coursework.
- Events that
are deemed irrelevant for the Inner West community.
- Calls for volunteers.
Submitted events must not:
- Discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, age, race or political or religious beliefs as set out by law.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise offend others.
- Be obscene, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate.
- Engage in or promote any surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited emailing or spamming.
- Impersonate any person or entity.
Inner West Council is not obliged to list events submitted and reserves the right to edit or decline any event.