Camperdown Memorial Rest Park
Federation Road, Lennox and Church Streets, Newtown
Camperdown Memorial Rest Park is a large grassed area adjacent to
Federation Road is a popular spot for picnics and casual ball games.
Originally the site of Camperdown Cemetery, all but a small
walled-off section adjacent to St Stephen's Church was converted into a
spacious public park in 1948.
The remaining portion of Camperdown Cemetery contains a patch of kangaroo grass (themeda australis),
which is a rare remnant of the turpentine-ironbark forests that once
covered the inner west. A community group, the Friends of Camperdown
Cemetery, meets monthly to maintain and protect this important remnant.
- Fenced playground with shade
- Drinking fountains
- Off-leash dog exercise permitted within designated areas and times
Dogs off and on leash areas