Little library lovers
Programs to develop a lifelong love of learning
- A love of books
- The desire to learn to read
- Being comfortable as part of a group
- Imagination and creativity
- Improved concentration
- Listening and language skills
- Increased vocabulary
- Enjoyment of the library
- Borrowing of books to read and share at home
Suitable for ages 0-2 years.
Introduce babies to the fun and enjoyment of nursery rhymes, action songs and simple percussion instruments. Sessions are lively, interactive, and stimulating for babies, parents and carers.
Wiggle and Jiggle
Suitable for ages 2-3 years.
An active session of music, rhymes, movement and stories. Sessions support memorisation, language and motor skills.
Suitable for ages 2-5 years.
Stories, songs, rhymes and a fun simple craft that may require adult help.
All Little Library Lover programs will be suspended from 20 December 2019 and will re-commence the week beginning 27 January 2020.
*Additionally the program also runs during the school holidays at Leichhardt and Balmain Libraries
Bookings required at Balmain and Leichhardt Libraries
Balmain Library bookings
Rhymetime - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday
Wiggle and Jiggle - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
Storytime - Thursday
Leichhardt Library bookings
Rhymetime - Monday 9:30am, Monday 11am, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday
Wiggle and Jiggle - Tuesday 9:30am, Tuesday 11am, Thursday and Saturday
Storytime - Wednesday
- Our goal is to have fun together with rhymes, songs and books in a safe and happy space
- Plan to arrive on time – allow extra time for parking, bathroom visits and to settle your child
- Please don’t leave your child unattended at any time
- Participate with your child
- If your child is crying or disrupting others, please step out and quietly return once your child is ready
- Please put toys away as they may distract others
- No food or drink to be consumed during Storytime due to allergies and possible anaphylaxis
- Please refrain from chatting with other parents during the program as this is distracting to both the session leader and the audience
- Please silence your mobiles
- Please no photography
- Have fun!
Bookworm kids club
Children ages 8-12 can explore their love of reading and develop their creativity in this weekly after-school book club. Hear about awesome books, make cool crafts, play games and meet new friends.
Weekly Wednesday 3.45-4.45pm during school term
No bookings, carers sign-in and sign-out required.
Have fun building your very own masterpiece with our great collection of Lego bricks. Bring a friend or make some new friends. This is a fun new club for school aged children which runs all year round - including the school holidays!
Second Thursday of the month 3:45-4:45pm
Register or call 9392 5938.
Fourth Thursday of the month 3:45-4:45pm
Register or call 9392 5966.
Read to Me
Read to Me is designed to share the magic of reading and encourage literacy in school aged children. This regular activity at the library is for primary school aged children.
Weekly Tuesday during school term 3:20-5pm
Call to register 9392 5966.
Please note that children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult to all children's activities in the library.