Recently Completed Projects
The following strategies and master plans have been developed to improve the public domain of the Inner West in the past two years.
Dulwich Hill Station Master Plan
In 2017 Inner West Council initiated the process to undertake a detailed master plan for the public domain around the Dulwich Hill Station. The aim of the master plan is to document a 10-year strategy to transform the streets and public spaces around the station into a pedestrian oriented village.
The scope of the project is for public domain elements including streets, lanes, plazas and other public spaces. The study area includes:
- Wardell Road from Ewart Street to the north side of the Keith Street / Wilga Avenue intersection;
- Dudley Street;
- Ewart Street between Ewart lane and Murray Lane; and
- Bedford Crescent.
Projects that were identified as part of the master plan are currently under construction and will be completed in April 2023. Follow our progress here.
Marrickville Road East
Council has been through a process of engaging with the community, across Council, with businesses, and State agencies to develop an integrated public domain improvement plan for Marrickville Road East.
The focus of the Marrickville Road East Master Plan has been to support existing uses, while planning for future development and increased pedestrian and bicycle activity particularly from the Marrickville Town Centre to the Sydenham Station area. The master plan includes the following measures to improve amenity along Marrickville Road East:
- Provision of traffic calming measures along the street, to provide a safe street environment for users;
- Planting of additional shade trees and general greening of the street;
- Provision of pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure including seating, bicycle lanes and bike racks;
- Provision of additional and safer pedestrian crossings;
- Upgrading and improvement to pedestrian pavements; and
- Provision of better pedestrian lighting along the street.
The master plan is currently being refined and documented for a program of staged delivery throughout 2023-2025.