Plastic Free July
Monday 12 July 2021
Inner West Council is supporting Plastic Free July, a global initiative that originated in Australia that helps reduce the use of single use plastics.
Reducing the use of single use plastics will result in cleaner and less littered streets, parks, and waterways.
This year, Council’s Plastic Free July initiatives include:
• An Inner West bubbler map (PDF 3.3MB) which helps residents find the more than 200 bubblers in Inner West parks where reusable water bottles can be filled
• A photograph competition. Residents are invited to enter an image showing favourite reusable items with a short caption explaining how this reduces plastic use. The prize is a hamper full of reusable or plastic free items. For details go to innerwest.nsw.gov.au/PlasticFreeJuly
• Free workshops at Council’s Green Living Centre on creative ways to reduce single use plastics
Council has more tips for reducing plastic waste, including:
• Plastic takeaway containers can be given a quick rinse and placed in the yellow recycling bin
• Soft plastics and plastic bags can be dropped off at soft plastics Redcycle bins in local supermarkets
Council has information on how to dispose of all kind of tricky waste at A-Z: What goes where?
Plus, find all the locations and dates for Council’s household chemical and e-waste drop offs, community recycling centres, Weekend Transfer Stations, sharps disposal and Container Deposit Scheme collection points.
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au