2019 Footprints EcoFestival
Thursday, 8 August 2019
Council once again presents the Inner West’s foremost sustainability event, Footprints EcoFestival, at Whites Creek Valley Park, Annandale on Sunday, 25 August, 11am–3pm.
Footprints EcoFestival showcases environmentally sustainable practices and projects and programs developed by Council and local community groups.
Whites Creek Valley Park is a large natural park with a range of facilities including a wetlands and community garden.
This year, Footprints EcoFestival is focusing what action we can all take to address the current climate emergency.
It will be Council’s first single-use plastic-free event, there will be sustainable food and drink for sale and a ‘Reuse Hub’ where attendees can extend the life of clothing, e-appliances, jewellery and more.
Footprints 2019 encompasses all things sustainable – workshops, tours, information – and will also include roving entertainment, magic and activities for the whole family.
Also featuring at 2019 Footprints EcoFestival:
• Bike maintenance workshops and a bike valet to encourage green transport
• Information, wares and artisan goods for a sustainable life
• Council’s Green Living Centre sustainability initiative
• Friends of Whites Creek Food Forest Community Garden
• Rozelle Bay Community Native Nursery
• Current Whites Creek Cottage Artists in Residence Gilbert Grace and Amaya Lang
Talks and demonstrations include ‘Cornersmith Vegan Cooking’, ‘Frog Call Identification’ and ‘Making the Most of Your Solar’. Plus:
• Costa Georgiadis, Logie winning host of Gardening Australia will facilitate a discussion, ‘Climate Change: Planting the Seeds of Hope’
• Professor Veena Sahajwalla, director of the Centre for Sustainable Materials Research and Technology at UNSW and the newly established NSW Circular Economy Innovation Network will chair a panel, ‘Collaborating in the Local Economy’
• Gretchen Miller, award-winning broadcaster and former ABC journalist, will host the third panel, ‘A Creative Response to Climate Change’
For more information about Footprints, or a print quality image of last year’s EcoFestival, contact the Communication team.
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath | Media and Communications Coordinator P: +61 2 9392 5334 | E: Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au