Weekend Transfer Station
Council operates a weekend transfer station for waste which is open Saturday and Sunday for Inner West Council residents only. Proof of residence is required to dispose of excess waste and recycling.
Address: 50 - 54 Moore Street, Leichhardt
Opening Hours: Saturday and Sunday 7.45am to 11.30am and 1.00pm to 3.45pm
Contact: 02 9367 9210 - Weekends during the above operating hours.
If you require further information outside of opening hours please contact Council's Customer Service Centre on 029392 5000.
Costs for 2018-2019
The Weekend Transfer Station prefers card payment.
- General (hard) waste, e.g. broken / damaged furniture, etc. (Full load) - $60.00
- General (hard) waste, e.g. broken / damaged furniture, etc. (Half load) - $35.00
- Pre-sorted recyclables, e.g. paper/cardboard, bottles/containers, whitegoods/metals - $14.00
- Garden organics - $35.00
- Pre-sorted mixed load - Garden organics/Recyclables/General waste - $42.00 (must be sorted prior to entering the transfer station)
- Mattresses - Single or double, $32.50 per mattress
- Disposal of e-waste (television, computers and peripherals) - No Charge
Council's accepted load is 1 cubic metre. More than 1 cubic will incur additional costs.
- General residential waste (other than garbage or what is placed in your normal garbage collection), broken or damaged furniture or toys, etc.
- Paper and cardboard
- Bottles and other recycling accepted in the normal recycling collections
- Garden organics / green waste
- Clothes for charity bin
- TVs/Computers - Broken Televisions, Computers, Computer hard drives, Computer monitors, Printers, Scanners, Key board, Mouse (free)
Materials not accepted
- Household rubbish, e.g. food waste, nappies, etc.
- Asbestos / fibro
- Chemicals- Visit CleanOut or phone 131 555
Find options to recycle household problem waste at our Community Recycling Centre.