Reusable sanitary product rebate
Council is trialling a reusable sanitary products and reusable nappies rebate.
- Rebate of up to 50% of the product value with proof of purchase excluding any postage costs for eligible products.
- Up to $150 for nappies and up to $100 for sanitary products (or a combination of the two). Maximum rebate available per household is $150.
- Trial funding is limited and once exhausted, the trial will stop for this financial year. The approximate level of trial funds that has been spent to date as a percentage is listed below and is updated regularly.
Funding spent to date approximately: 81% (as at 28.11.2022)
Eligible products for the rebate
- Reusable nappies and associated accessories including cloth and swim nappies, reusable inner liner for nappies, reusable wipes, wet bags, reusable nursing breast pads.
- Reusable sanitary products including leak proof underwear, reusable sanitary pads, sanitary cups and wet bags.
- You must be a current resident of Inner West Council, proof of residence required.
- Only one rebate per household.
- Maximum rebate per household is capped at $150 (comprised of up to a maximum of $100 for reusable sanitary products and up to $150 for reusable nappies).
- Receipts and proof of purchase need to be provided.
Read the full Terms and conditions (PDF 79.2KB) see here
Why we are running the trial
The rebate provides an incentive for residents to use reusable nappy and sanitary products and reduce waste to landfill.
Single use nappies, tampons and pads make up approximately 8% by weight of the average Inner West garbage bin (Kerbside audits 2019).
The rebates are being offered as an incentive to help reduce the upfront costs of reusable options and encourage a shift away from single-use products, saving you money in the long-term.
How to apply
Rebately will process rebates on behalf of Inner West Council.
Please use the link below to access the Rebately website and apply for your rebate.
Apply for your rebate here
If you have any questions about the reusable sanitary product rebate trial please email email@example.com
This project is a NSW Environment Protection Authority Waste Less, Recycle More initiative, funded from the waste levy.