Inner West Council provides a weekly kerbside collection service for household waste that cannot be recycled.
What goes in my garbage bin?
- General rubbish
- Food scraps
- Polystyrene foam
- Dirty pizza boxes
- Non-recyclables. e.g. mixed foil and plastic packaging, such as chip packets
- Broken ceramics, crockery, Pyrex, mirrors – ensure broken items are wrapped
- Soft plastics that can be scrunched
- Biscuit packets
- Frozen food bags
- Bread bags
- Rice and pasta bags
- Confectionery packets
- Newspaper wrap
- Plastic shopping bags
- Old green bags
What does not go in my garbage bin?
- Oils and liquids
- Building materials
- Large items
- Paints and solvents
- Recyclable products
Visit the A-Z: What goes where? page for help on what to do with waste that cannot go into your bins.
Important collection information
- Check the online waste calendar when to put your bins out
- Return bins to your property within 12 hours of collection.
- Bins left on the road or footpath can go missing and pose a risk for pedestrians and disrupt traffic. Be a good neighbour and bring your bins in.
- Do not overfill your bin, as this can result in litter being blown out. Make sure that the bin lid can be shut. Overflowing bins will not be collected.
Reporting a lost or stolen bin?
Visit the missing, stolen or damaged bins page for details.
Yearly charge for your bins
Find out your yearly charge for your household bins.
The charge for business waste is found on the rates notice for the building.