Weekend Transfer Station
To support households with young children to manage fortnightly garbage, nappies can be dropped off for free via the Moore Street entrance at the top section of the site, on weekends (opening hours below). Proof of residential address is required.
Council operates a weekend transfer station for the disposal of waste and recycling of Inner West Council residents. Proof of residence is required
Address and opening hours
- 50 - 54 Moore Street, Leichhardt
- Saturday and Sunday 7:45am to 11:30am and 1pm to 3:45pm
Items you can drop for free
All items need to be in piles according to these categories, don't mix categories. Council's accepted load is 1 cubic metre. More than 1 cubic will incur additional costs.
- Mattresses - Single or double
- Broken TVs and computers (including monitors, printers, scanners, key boards, mouse)
- Whitegoods and metals
- Garden organics
- Recyclables, have to be in separate piles/bags
Items you can drop and have to pay for
Payment is cashless. Card payment only. Please refer to the fees and charges (scroll down to "Weekend Tip") for correct prices. Council's accepted load is 1 cubic metre. More than 1 cubic will incur additional costs.
- Bulky waste, e.g. broken or damaged furniture, toys, etc.
- Mixed waste, e.g. garden organics with recyclables
Items we don't accept
- Household rubbish, e.g. food waste, etc.
- Asbestos / fibro
- Chemicals - Visit CleanOut or phone 131 555
Find options to recycle household problem waste at our Community Recycling Centre.