Repair or replace signage

Council will repair or replace street and traffic signage in the local area .

To have a sign repaired or replaced you need to know the following information:

  • the location of the missing/damaged sign - e.g. address, location on the footpath or on the road, the nearest street number, the nearest cross street, etc.
  • the sign's purpose or theme – e.g. street name, no stopping, etc.

If you need to a sign repaired or require a replacement contact council using the online form; online form:

A council officer will review your application and contact you within 10 days.

Report Damaged or Replacement Sign


Outdoor Advertising Content

Regulatory framework

Commonwealth legislation establishes the regulatory framework for outdoor advertising. This legislation requires all advertising to comply with self regulatory Codes and Guidelines such as:

  • the Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) Code of Ethics; and
  • the Alcohol Beverages Advertising Code (ABAC).

The Advertising Standards Bureau manages complaints in relation to advertising. Complaints are to be lodged through the Ad Standards website 

Outdoor and billboard advertisements in relation to alcohol are covered by the Outdoor Media Advertising (OMA) Code of Ethics: Alcohol and Advertising Guidelines.  They require that no advertising of alcohol products on fixed signs be located within a 150 metre sight line of a primary or secondary school. More information at the Outdoor Media Advertising website

Rate this page

  • Rate as The content was useful0% The content was useful votes
  • Rate as The content was not useful100.00% The content was not useful votes

Thanks for your feedback. We will use this data to improve the content of this page.

Page last updated: 23 Mar 2022