NSW Pet Registry
the new and improved NSW Pet Registry
The release of the new Registry is an important step towards ongoing upgrades to improve the management of dogs and cats in New South Wales.
Easier to use
- Now even easier to create an online profile and register your pet
- Easy payment of lifetime registration fees
New search function
- Prospective pet owners can access info about a cat or dog before buying
- Upload a photo of your beloved pet in case they become lost
YOU can help reunite lost pets with their owners!
- If you find a lost pet you will be able to send the owner a secure message and arrange for its return home
Benefits for breeders
- Easier for breeders to add litters to their online pet profile
NSW Pet Registry website
Pet owners can now access the new NSW Pet Registry website to update their contact details, report a missing pet, change a pet's ownership, and make a payment for 'lifetime registration'.
The NSW Pet Registry is an online database of microchipped and lifetime registered dogs and cats that life in NSW. All pets previously listed in the Companion Animals Register are now available through the NSW Pet Registry.
Accessing the registry begins with creating your online profile, which you can then use to link the pets that you own. To link a pet to your profile you'll need to know your pet's microchip number and the contact number for the listed owner. If your pet is listed on the Companion Animals Register, you can refer to your pet's certificate of identification/registration for these details.
How to register your pet online
- To register your pet online, you must first create a profile on the NSW Pet Registry website. Visit www.petregistry.nsw.gov.au, select "Register" and follow the on-screen instructions to create a profile.
- If you've already created a profile, go to www.petregistry.nsw.gov.au, log in to your profile, and select "My Pets".
- Select "Pay Online Due" for the relevant pet.
- Check the details are correct and select "Pay Now" to continue.
Note: If your pet has been desexed but is appearing on the website as not being desexed, please contact Council for assistance.
- Follow the on screen instructions until your payment is finalised. A receipt will be shown on screen, where you can print it or request to receive a copy by email.
For step-by-step details on using this website see the NSW Pet Registry's user guide.
For more information visit the registration and microchipping section of our website.