Nuisance cats

Under the Companion Animals Act 1998, Council can issue a Nuisance Cat Order if satisfied a cat:

  • makes a noise that persistently occurs or continues to such a degree or extent that it unreasonably interferes with the peace, comfort or convenience of any person in any other premises; or
  • repeatedly damages anything outside the property on which it is ordinarily kept.

If you wish to report a nuisance cat, please contact Council's Customer Service Centre to lodge a request. Council may request that you make a formal statement to support your claim and provide relevant details.

Rate this page

  • Rate as The content was useful0% The content was useful votes
  • Rate as The content was not useful0% The content was not useful votes

Thanks for your feedback. We will use this data to improve the content of this page.

Page last updated: 12 Nov 2018