Sustainable Schools Network
Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment in your
school? Join the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network (IWSSN)!
The IWSSN is a forum for school sustainability leaders to connect,
share skills and learning resources, find opportunities, and inspire
ideas for growing individual and collective action.
The network is open to principals, teachers, specialists, P&Cs,
volunteers and educators from all government and non-government schools,
and all primary and high schools, in the Inner West Council area.
The IWSSN provides:
- Peer-to-peer learning among sustainability educators in the inner west
- Quarterly network meetings to connect, share skills and learning resources
- Teachers can access one hour Professional Learning accreditation for attending a network meeting
- A link between Council and schools
- Regular email updates connecting schools to environmental programs, local activities and upcoming funding opportunities
Next IWSSN meeting
- When: Thursday 8 November 2018
- Time: 4:00 - 6:00pm
- Location: Summer Hill Public School, Moonbie St, Summer Hill
- RSVP: Please register through Eventbrite for catering purposes
- Biodiversity theme: creating habitat and connecting with nature in our schools
- Walk & talk tour: Summer Hill Public School's Bird Biodiversity Zone project.
Note: Department of Education teachers can claim 1 hour PL by attending! Teachers must enrol 24 hours in advance through MyPL. The course is called Sustainability Network, code NR09055. Access the course in MyPL here.
Join the IWSSN
Complete the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network online form to start receiving email updates and invitations to network meetings.
The network is a great opportunity to bring together the diverse knowledge and skills from the strong sustainable school community of the Inner West. Existing network members find the knowledge sharing in the network invaluable to the sustainability work they undertake at their schools.
“It’s great to see what’s happening at other schools as far as sustainability and the environment goes - learning how other schools engage both teachers and students and how they incorporate sustainability into the curriculum.”
- Stephen Jackson, Stanmore Public School
For more information about the network, please contact Anne Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programs for schools