Sustainable Schools Network
Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment in your school? Join the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network (IWSSN).
The IWSSN is a forum for school sustainability leaders to connect,share skills and learning resources, find opportunities, and inspire ideas for growing individual and collective action.
The network is open to principals, teachers, specialists, P&Cs,volunteers and educators from all government and non-government schools,and all primary and high schools, in the Inner West Council area.
The IWSSN provides:
- Peer-to-peer learning among sustainability educators in the inner west
- Quarterly network meetings to connect, share skills and learning resources
- One hour Professional Learning accreditation for Department of Education teachers attending a network meeting
- A link between Council and schools
- Regular email updates connecting schools to environmental programs, local activities and upcoming funding opportunities
The network meets once a term at a different host school or organisation. The next IWSSN meeting is planned for Term 3, 2019 (details TBC).
The network is a great opportunity to bring together the diverse knowledge and skills from the strong sustainable school community of the Inner West. Existing network members find the knowledge sharing in the network invaluable to the sustainability work they undertake at their schools.
Note: Department of Education teachers can claim 1 hour PL by attending! Teachers must enrol 24 hours in advance through MyPL. The course is called Sustainability Network, code NR09055. Access the course in MyPL here.
Join the IWSSN
Complete the Inner West Sustainable Schools Network online form to start receiving email updates and invitations to network meetings.
“It’s great to see what’s happening at other schools as far as sustainability and the environment goes - learning how other schools engage both teachers and students and how they incorporate sustainability into the curriculum.”
- Stephen Jackson, Stanmore Public School
Western Sydney Climate Justice Summit
For more information about the network, please contact Anne Abbott at email@example.com.