Home support services

If you or someone you know would like help to remain independently at home, My Aged Care is the starting point for entry to the aged care system. My Aged Care aims to help older people remain in their own home by providing access to support services.

Services are provided are under the Commonwealth Home Support Program.

To find out about services available and to for a referral to any services for the aged, contact My Aged Care or call 1800 200 422.

Meals on Wheels, Individual Social Support, Home Maintenance and Modifications, and Gardening and Handy Person Services

For services previously delivered by Council, from July 2020 these services are provided by City of Sydney Meals on Wheels, Australian Unity and Uniting.

For information about the social groups previously being provided at Tom Foster, please contact the organisations directly:

Community and Cultural Connections Inc

Newtown Neighbourhood Centre


For other multicultural support groups in the area and referrals contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.

Rate this page

  • Rate as The content was useful40.00% The content was useful votes
  • Rate as The content was not useful60.00% The content was not useful votes

Thanks for your feedback. We will use this data to improve the content of this page.

Page last updated: 13 May 2021