John McMahon Children's Centre
Find us at
45 Mckell St, Birchgrove NSW 2041
Rebecca Ritchie, Centre Coordinator (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday) email@example.com
Sarah Collins, Acting Centre Coordinator (Monday, Tuesday)
02 9392 5601
Monday to Friday
7.45am to 5.45pm
0 to 6 years
- Children in the 0-2 years room: $135.00 per day
- Children in the 2-3 years room: $130.00 per day
- Children in the 3-5 years room: $125.00 per day
Note from the Coordinator
Our core values at John McMahon Children's Centre are as follows:
- Providing a curriculum that encompasses all the interactions, experiences, routines and events; both planned and spontaneous, that occur in an environment designed to foster children’s learning and development
- Providing a program of intentional teaching and a modern perspective on play based learning. Play provides children with opportunities to express a sense of agency and demonstrate their competence and be leaders in their own learning. Play can provide children with a sense of belonging and being, which supports the development of children’s individual and social identity
- Recognising the complexity, diversity and potential of play for teaching and learning
- Providing opportunities for children to play as they discover, create, improvise and imagine using strategies such as modelling and questioning, engaging in shared thinking and open discussions and problem solving to scaffold individual children’s learning.
- Providing time and space for children to explore, inquire and revisit open ended experiences and materials in order to solidify learning and to work towards their learning potential.
- Establishing authentic partnerships which are cooperative, respectful and trustful.
- Encouraging shared planning and assessment practices to ensure that learning experiences and environments are responsive to individual children’s interests and needs.
At John McMahon Children's Centre we are pleased to be Exceeding the National Quality Standard.
To join the waiting list for all Council Operated Long Day Care and Preschool Services please complete the online waiting list application form at the link below:
Apply to be on the waiting list