Family Day Care
Leichhardt and Marrickville Family Day Care are local government based, not-for-profit family day care services. We have been operating since 1976.
Family Day Care is committed to ensuring that your children receive the best possible care in a safe, nurturing setting and in a flexible, regulated boutique learning environment. Our qualified educators open the doors to their family home to provide a regulated, positive alternative to a traditional childcare centre.
Family Day Care allows children opportunities to learn and develop through play and intentional teaching under the guidelines of the Early Years Learning Framework, in an environment that caters for the individual child through small family groupings.
Our coordination unit mentors, guides and maintains compliance through regular visits to the registered educators' homes. The educators are part of our Family Day Care community where they support each other. As well as this, we support their professional development by providing resources, training and events.
Family Day Care acknowledges the importance of family values and culture. Educators and staff develop positive, respectful and nurturing partnerships with families. We help children develop a sense of belonging by creating an environment where they can build connections with peers, staff, community and their natural environment.
Facebook video profile: Leichhardt Family Day Care named one of four national finalists for the 2019 Excellence in Family Day Care Awards
What choose Family Day Care?
Family Day Care provides the following:
- Educators who are screened, trained, supported and mentored by the Family Day Care Coordination Unit staff. Staff undertake regular visits to the Educators' homes to ensure the highest quality of education and care possible.
- Programs and practices based on Early Years Learning Framework and Education and Care Service National Law and Regulations.
- Small groups of no more than four children under school age allowing close relationships and bonds with the Educator and other children.
- One Educator who is with children from drop off until pick up allowing close relationships and regular and effective communication with families.
- Regular Play sessions that children attend with their Educator, where they are supported to play and learn as part of a larger group of children.
- Excursions that include visits to the local library and story time, local parks and community gardens.
- A safe and secure environment that is checked daily by the Educator and by Family Day Care staff on home visits.
- Opportunities to learn through play and exploration in indoor and outdoor environments.