Family Day Care
Family Day Care provides education and care for children aged 6 weeks to 12 years within the homes of qualified and trained educators. Inner West Council has two approved Family Day Care services: Leichhardt Family Day Care and Marrickville Family Day Care.
There are registered educators in Ashfield, Balmain, Clemton Park, Croydon Park, Dulwich Hill, Earlwood, Five Dock, Forest Lodge, Haberfield, Lilyfield, Leichhardt, Marrickville, Petersham, Rozelle, Stanmore, St Peters and Sydenham.
What choose Family Day Care?
Family Day Care provides the following:
- Educators who are screened, trained, supported and mentored by the Family Day Care Coordination Unit staff. Staff undertake regular visits to the Educators' homes to ensure the highest quality of education and care possible.
- Programs and practices based on Early Years Learning Framework and Education and Care Service National Law and Regulations.
- Small groups of no more than four children under school age allowing close relationships and bonds with the Educator and other children.
- One Educator who is with children from drop off until pick up allowing close relationships and regular and effective communication with families.
- Regular Play sessions that children attend with their Educator, where they are supported to play and learn as part of a larger group of children.
- Excursions that include visits to the local library and story time, local parks and community gardens.
- A safe and secure environment that is checked daily by the Educator and by Family Day Care staff on home visits.
- Opportunities to learn through play and exploration in indoor and outdoor environments.