Louisa Lawson Reserve
6-10 Roach Street, Marrickville
This park is named in honor of Louisa Lawson a writer and activist who founded The Dawn Club in 1889, which became the hub of the suffrage movement in Sydney. When women were finally given the vote, in 1902 with the passing of the New South Wales Womanhood Suffrage Bill, Lawson was introduced to the members of Parliament as 'The Mother of Suffrage in New South Wales'.
The park also contains a large, colorful mosaic depicting the front cover of The Dawn (Australia's first journal produced solely by women which was distributed throughout Australia and overseas), and a plaque that reads "Louisa Lawson (1848–1920) Social Reformer, Writer, Feminist and Mother of Henry Lawson. These stones are all that remain from the walls of her home in Renwick Street, Marrickville."