Dawn Fraser Baths upgrade
Dawn Fraser Baths re-opens via booking
Wednesday 8 September
We are pleased to announce that the Dawn Fraser Baths will reopen to the public for exercise purposes only from Wednesday, 8 September 2021.
Bookings are essential and available in one hour window periods.
Find out more about making a booking
The Dawn Fraser Baths is home to the oldest water polo and swimming club in Australia and the Baths is listed as a nationally significant heritage item. Inner West Council is proud to stand as the custodian of this much-loved community asset and is fully committed to the Baths' progressive conservation.
The works included:
- Raising boardwalks and ground floor levels of the Entry Building and Southern Pavilion
- Demolition and reconstruction of the Southern Pavilion at the new raised ground level
- Retention, alteration and repair of the Entry Building to the Southern Pavilion
- Installation of new solar panels to the Northern Pavilion and four water polo lights
- Installation of fire sprinkler system and emergency upgrades
- Associated alterations to the perimeter paths, seawalls and eastern perimeter entry
Council is spending approximately $6 million and also successfully obtained a $2.2 million grant from the NSW Government and a $500,000 grant from the Commonwealth Government to fund the heritage upgrade.