Tempe Reserve Upgrade
- Project address: Holbeach Ave, Tempe
- Project description: Provide sporting facilities within the park to promote its use for sport and recreation. Update and upgrade facilities with:
• New synthetic multi-purpose sports field
• New turf for the natural turf sports fields
• Irrigation upgrade to natural turf fields
• Stormwater drainage upgrades including stormwater harvesting to service the amenities block
• Sports field lighting upgrade
• Tree planting
• Cricket net upgrade - Replacement of 3 cricket nets with 4 new cricket nets
• Synthetic base works: complete
• Stormwater and drainage work: complete
• Sports field lighting: complete
• Irrigation system: complete
• Natural turf fields: Complete
• Cricket net upgrade: Complete
- Expected completion date: April 2022
- Budget: $6m
- Contact: Landscape Architect Michael Cavanagh, 9392 5473 or Michael.Cavanagh@innerwest.nsw.gov.au
- The Dog off leash area: temporary location is complete and open for use.
During construction of Sydney Gateway, the new toll-free connection from the Sydney motorway network to the airport precinct and beyond, the dog off-leash park will relocate to near the Village Green.
The temporary dog park will have rubbish bins, drinking fountain, fencing and lighting.
The temporary dog park on Holbeach Avenue is now open and ready for use.
Updates will be posted in Tempe Reserve, Sydney Gateway web portal, Council website and on social media posts.
Council and Sydney Gateway are working together to provide more open space in Tempe. For more information go to Sydney Gateway (v2.communityanalytics.com.au/rms/sydney-gateway) or contact the Sydney Gateway team 1800 654 446.