Marrickville Park Cricket Net Upgrade
- Project description: Provide a 3 bay cricket training facility that meets cricket standards, high level cricket training, and that provides safety for park users using the sporting field.
Funding contributions for this project consisted of the NSW Government, Marrickville Cricket Club, and Inner West Council.
The Installation of a new cricket training facility includes:
- Powder coated metal structure and rubber coated chain wire mesh for fencing.
- Installation of rubber matting at the batter’s end of each cricket bay to absorbs the ball on impact and protect the asset.
- Completely new synthetic grass surface at the bowlers and batter’s end of the facility.
- Line markings markers which accommodate for senior and junior cricket.
- New professional cricket stumps at the end of each bay.
- Extended roof on the new facility for increase safety of park users on the field.
- Gates installed at the end of each bay so the cricket facility can be locked during field activities/sporting games.
- Project address: 111 Frazer Street, Marrickville NSW 2204
- Progress: Completed
- Expected completion date: September 2023
- Budget: $105,000
Australian Cricket Infrastructure Fund Contribution
Marrickville Cricket Club Contribution
Inner West Council Contribution