Implementation Advisory Group (IAG)
Local Representation Advisory Committee (LRAC)
Inner West Planning Panel
Strategic Reference Groups
Upcoming Council Meetings for 2017
- 26 September 2017 - 260 Liverpool Road, Ashfield
- 24 October 2017 - Venue to be confirmed at a later date
- 21 November 2017 - Venue to be confirmed at a later date
- 12 December 2017 - Venue to be confirmed at a later date
Upcoming IAG Meetings for 2017
- 3 August 2017 - 7-15 Wetherill Street, Leichhardt
Upcoming LRAC Meetings for 2017
- 8 August 2017 - 2-14 Fisher Street, Petersham
** Live streaming of Council meetings **
In the spirit of open, accessible and transparent government, the Council meetings of Inner West Council will be streamed live on Council’s website. The camera will be positioned on the Administrator and will not be focused on the public. By speaking at a Council meeting, members of the public agree to being recorded and must ensure their speech to the Council is respectful and use appropriate language. A person who uses defamatory, discriminatory or offensive language may be exposed to liability for which Council takes no responsibility. Any part of the meeting that is held in closed session will not be recorded.
Webcasts of previous meetings
6 December 2016 Ordinary Council Webcast
28 February 2017 Ordinary Council Webcast
28 March 2017 Ordinary Council Webcast
26 April 2017 Ordinary Council Webcast
Pre-registration to speak at Council Meetings
Council is encouraging members of the public to pre-register their interest to speak at Council Meetings as the Meeting venues have a maximum number they can hold. Members of the public can pre-register up until 2pm of the day of the Meeting.
If you wish to register your interest please fill in the register to speak form here including:
- Your name
- Contact details
- Item on the Agenda you wish to speak to
- Whether you are for or against the recommendation in the agenda
Members of the public who pre-register will be asked to show photo ID upon entry to verify the pre-registration application.
What happens after I submit the form?
Your request will then be added to a list that is shown to the Chairperson on the night of the meeting.
Are there any rules for speaking at a Council or Committee Meeting?
The following rules apply when addressing a Council or Committee meeting:
- Keep your address to the point, the time allowed for each speaker is limited to three minutes with one extension of not more than three minutes with the approval of the Council/Committee. This time limit applies, no matter how many items are addressed by the speaker
- When addressing the Meeting you must speak to the Chairperson
- The Chairperson may curtail public participation where the information being presented is considered repetitive or irrelevant
Where Items are deferred, Council reserves the right to defer speakers until that Item is heard on the next occasion.
YOUR SAY INNER WEST
Your Say Inner West website
A community engagement hub for you to get involved in important projects that shape the future of the Inner West.
CONNECT WITH US
SERVICES IN YOUR AREA
Follow the links below to find contact details and services in your area: