Help Council improve its Customer Service
Thursday 28 April 2022
Expressions of Interest are invited from Inner West citizens for Council’s new sub-committee focused on Customer Service.
Earlier this year, Council resolved to review its customer service with a view to increasing responsiveness, reducing Development Application times and improving transparency.
“Our Inner West citizens are at the centre of everything we do. The whole point of Council is to improve and enhance their lives,” said Councillor Philippa Scott, who moved the motion.
“I know we have dedicated and proficient staff. But we can always do better. We want to make very clear our commitment to quality customer service.”
Council is looking for individuals who have:
• A passion for great community/customer service
• Previous experience serving on a similar committee
• High levels of personal integrity and ethics
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of local government
• Sufficient time available to devote to responsibilities as a sub-committee member, and
• Independence and freedom from contractual arrangements with Council
The resolution also included:
• Setting a timeline and implementation plan for developing a Customer Experience Plan including a Citizen Service Charter
• Setting a timeline and implementation plan for development application assessments to 60 days
• Reviewing Council’s complaints function including expansion of the functions of the Internal Ombudsman to be more focused on customer service
• Review and adoption of new technologies to improve transparency around maintenance schedules so residents can know when and where maintenance is due to occur in their neighbourhood
• Your Say community engagement stalls in neighbourhoods on key issues impacting the community
• Citizen service points in every library, and a mobile citizen service van
Applications close Friday 13 May 2022. Expression of Interest (EOI) for Council Sub-Committee Customer Service.
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au