Last weekend! EDGE 2021: Art Camp on the GreenWay until 9 May
Monday 3 May 2021
Don’t miss the free tours, exhibitions, performances and workshops at the last weekend of EDGE 2021 Art Camp on the GreenWay, a 24-day onsite Artist in Residence project.
Inner West Council Arts Projects & Partnership Leader Victoria Johnstone said Council was fuelling the re-emergence of Sydney’s creative sector with EDGE GreenWay.
“In response to the impacts of COVID-19, we are putting the Inner West creative community front and centre amidst our precious natural environment and transforming the GreenWay into temporary residency spaces in pop-up shipping containers, beneath bridges and in natural nooks.”
This weekend is the last opportunity to take advantage of this dynamic, immersive arts hub on the banks of Iron Cove Bay at Lilyfield. Bring a picnic and celebrate our local artists.
• Free guided tours of the EDGE 2021 Art Camp on the GreenWay Artist in Residence site, Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 May 11am – 12.30pm. Book online. Meet on Lilyfield Pedestrian Bridge
• Free sound work Dronescape at sunset by Trevor Brown, Friday 7 May, 4pm - 6pm in Peace Park
• Free exhibition: Canal Road Film Centre, behind the scenes of filmmaking, Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 May, 10am – 4pm
• Free yoga class by Shaun Parker & Company, Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 May, 9am
• Free performance of Trestle by Legs on The Wall, local physical theatre company, Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 May, 5pm-6pm
• Free performance of Hover by Shaun Parker & Company, Award winning performers on hover boards, Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 May, 3pm - 4pm
• Free performance of A Story of Migration by Cicem, Dance, percussion and puppet show Saturday 8 May, 3pm
• Free pop up performance EnCLOWNter with Joy, Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 May, 10am - 1pm and 2pm – 4pm. Following the play and laughter workshop with clown performer and teacher
• Free ‘Dog People’ portraits, Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 May, 11am – 4pm. Taking photographic portraits of dogs with their humans and recording their stories at Café Bones
• Free performance, Ate Indai, 11am – 1pm, 4pm – 6pm. A community interactive experience exploring cultural identity, the female form and mental health
• Free workshops in puppet making workshops, animation, humming, beeswax candle making, weaving Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 May, 11am – 3pm
Art Camp on the GreenWay – 16 April to 9 May 2021. More information, full program and bookings, visit www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/edge
For a print quality image, contact the Communications team.
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au