Artists can apply now to be part of EDGE Sydenham
Thursday 27 May 2021
Inner West creatives can apply for funding to develop innovative artworks and projects as part of EDGE Sydenham.
EDGE Sydenham 2021 will be held 20 – 29 August.
Over nine days and nights (with a focus on weekends 20-22 August and 27-29 August), audiences can wander the precinct, discover spaces, meet creatives in action and interact with diverse new works.
Council is seeking proposals that respond to these objectives and themes:
• Bold engaging ideas and projects to inspire and capture the imaginations of all ages and demographics
• Creation of new or locally made works on site to showcase diverse skills and highlight the importance of industrial lands and creative spaces
• Shine a spotlight on the importance and capacity of Sydenham creatives
• Advocate for and champion artists continuing to live and work in proximity to our city centre and reinforce the Inner West as a powerhouse for creative innovation and resilience
• Promote awareness of sustainable practices, upcycling, re-use, and recycling
• Potential for ongoing capacity building and future employment
• Collaborative proposals and cross-arts disciplines are encouraged
Projects must abide by COVID-19 protocols and NSW Health Public Health Orders.
Council officers will work with successful applicants to implement and obtain approvals for safety plans, and can supply hand sanitiser, signage, and registration facilities (as required).
EOIs are now open, closing 10am, Wednesday 9 June 2021.
Go to www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/EdgeSydenham2021
To discuss proposal ideas, call 9335 2280.
Please note that Midjuburi Creative Trails is part of EDGE Sydenham.
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au