Annual Grants round now open
Thursday 12 August 2021
Inner West Council has opened its annual grants program for 2022 with a specific focus on providing support for community organisations to get through the pandemic.
“Many sectors have been smashed by the current crisis,” said Inner West Mayor Darcy Byrne.
“It’s not just that sources of funding have dried up for many, it’s also that there’s increased demand for services.
“There’s a lot of work to be done in the Inner West to get through this emergency and work towards recovery. These grants help to support that work at the grassroots level.
“I’ve seen for myself the amazing and vital work that has been achieved by previous year’s grant recipients, so I know how important this type of funding can be,” Mayor Byrne said.
The grants are for one-year projects commencing in February until December 2022.
The Annual Grants round is open until Friday 3 September.
Funding for the Annual Grants program is available under five streams:
• Arts grants fund a range of activities for practicing individual artists, groups of artists or arts organisations
• Community-Led Celebration Day (Multicultural) grants provide financial support to plan and deliver celebrations of national cultures or national days of cultural significance
• Community Wellbeing grants support projects which address promote social justice, enhance wellbeing, strengthen sustainability and capacity of Inner West community and foster inclusion, equity and social connection
• Community Material small grants support groups to establish, develop or expand community wellbeing activities with materials or resources within the Inner West
• Resident Association small grants provides financial assistance to not‐for‐profit resident associations
Applicants are encouraged to contact a grants officer to discuss their ideas and proposals. Go to www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/Grants to find out more.
Last year, 89 Inner West projects received more than $500,000 in Council funding. This year, $443,000 is available for your project, initiative or event.
For a print quality image of a previous grant recipient, contact the Communication team.
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au