Inclusive Film Festival
Monday 23 November 2020
Inner West Council is hosting a free Inclusive Film Festival (IFF) on Friday 4 December to mark the 2020 International Day of People with Disability.
The program at Petersham Town Hall includes:
6pm: Live panel discussion
8pm: Film screening of The Peanut Butter Falcon
Panel members will address the question, Are artists with disability leaders for change?
Award-winning writer and theatre and film director Anthea Williams will lead the discussion which also features:
• Disability and LGBTIQA+ rights activist, writer, and educator Jax Jacki Brown
• Actor and performer Paul Nunnari who came to prominence as The Other Superman on Australia’s Got Talent in 2013
• First nations woman and author Gayle Kennedy
• Disability activist and academic Hannah Solomons
Live performances by:
• Comedian Madeleine Stewart
• Singer Lara Nakhle
• Motivational speaker Abdul-Karim Bouchafaa
Feature film The Peanut Butter Falcon tells the story of Zak, a young man with disability, who runs away from a residential nursing home to follow his dream of attending the professional wrestling school of his idol, ‘The Salt Water Redneck’. Starring Zack Gottsagen, Thomas Haden Church, Bruce Dern and Shia LaBeouf.
The evening will be fully accessible for the whole community to experience:
• Audio descriptions
• Auslan interpreters
• Open captions
• Image descriptions
• Accessible seating that is not up the back
• All assistance animals welcome
• Lowered counters
• Quiet zone during the films
For further information, to download a program, register to attend the event or to access the code to watch a live streaming, go to www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/IDPD
The Inclusive Film Festival is a presented by Inner West Council in partnership with Accessible Arts, Mable, Settlement Services international and Disability Services Australia.
For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or Elizabeth.Heath@innerwest.nsw.gov.au