Council moves more customer services online

Thursday 30 April 2020

Inner West Council has moved many more customer services online, making it easier and faster for residents to make and track requests with their mobile phone, PC or device.

While many service requests had already been moved online, this new list of services means Council is even more responsive and more convenient to do business with.

The new online services include:

⦁ Parking permits
⦁ Tree approvals
⦁ Development application (Extension of time)
⦁ Pre-DAs
⦁ Heritage exemption certificates
⦁ Swimming pool compliance certificates
⦁ Footpath approvals
⦁ Activity applications
⦁ Road, footpath and carpark occupancy permits
⦁ Roadworks design approval and permits to construct
⦁ Road opening, standing plant and hoarding permit
⦁ Work zone applications
⦁ Filming and photography permit
⦁ Street party applications
⦁ Skip bin applications
⦁ Temporary road closure permits

As part of Council's COVID-19 response, the physical Service Centres are closed, so any online service are more important than ever.

The online service request is available from Council’s homepage Residents just need to click on the “Report an issue” link in the “I want to” section.

Council is committed to introducing new technologies that increase efficiencies and improve transparency and accountability.

The next initiatives, due for implementation this year, include planning proposal applications, development control plan applications and building certificates.

Development Applications can be lodged through the NSW Planning portal

For media enquiries, contact Elizabeth Heath, Media and Communications Coordinator, 9392 5334 or


Rate this page

  • Rate as The content was useful50.00% The content was useful votes
  • Rate as The content was not useful50.00% The content was not useful votes

Thanks for your feedback. We will use this data to improve the content of this page.

Page last updated: 30 Apr 2020