2020 GreenWay Art Prize winners announced
Monday, 9 November 2020
The winner of the 2020 GreenWay Open Art Prize is Nicole Robins who has won a prize package valued at $6,000 for her work Agave Attenuata (pictured).
There were a record number of entries this year with the awards a real high point for the Inner West arts community given the numerous art prizes across Sydney cancelled due to COVID-19.
Prize winners were announced at the opening night of the GreenWay Art Exhibition on Friday, 6 November at Art Est. Art School and Gallery, Lords Road Leichhardt.
Other winners were:
- Jody Graham for her work Australian Golden Whistler
- GreenWay Local Artist Prize
- Valued at $1,500 open to all artists living within the Inner West or City of Canterbury-Bankstown areas
- Jayanto Tan for his work Ceng Beng, Ghost Ships in The Cadigal Reserve
- Cooks River Small Sculpture Prize valued at $2,000
- Funded by the Cooks River Alliance
- Declan Walsh for his work Valuable Real Estate
- Youth Prize valued at $500
- Jason McDonald for his photograph River She-oak, Moths and Bees
- Adult Photography Prize totalling $500
- Sophia Laufor her image Crow Province
- Youth Photography Prize totalling $200
- Michelle Henry for her work ‘...be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees’
- Packer’s Prize valued at $500
The Derivan People’s Choice Award ($500 worth of Derivan Matisse art supplies) will be announced 20 November.
For a complete list of winners and photos of the awards night contact the Communications team.
For media enquiries contact Mran-Maree Laing, on email@example.com or 93292 5274.