2017 Inner West Business Environment Awards
Wednesday 22 November 2017
Inner West Council’s Business Environment Awards is on Wednesday 29 November at Camperdown Commons.
Media are invited to attend.
The Awards are a celebration of local businesses that are achieving sustainability outcomes.
More than 20 organisations will be recognised on the night.
This is the second year that the awards have been made available to all businesses in the newly formed Inner West Council area. Last year, some of the businesses’ achievements included:
- A business that had designed a new way to clean their equipment which recycles water and recovers waste product to be used again.
- A hairdresser who had implemented a recycling system that recovers and recycles almost 90% of their overall waste - including hair, metals, plastic, paper and chemicals.
- A commercial office that had upgraded lighting and air conditioning, and installed solar panels – meaning they were on track to save about 250 megawatt hours of electricity and prevent 265 tonnes of carbon emissions each year.
- A local pub that installed 80 solar panels
- And local organisations that are engaging young children in reuse education programs and supporting thousands of local households to fix and repurpose items
Altogether, last year’s nominees diverted 178 tonnes of waste through their environmental initiatives.
Guests at the presentation evening include Inner West Mayor Darcy Byrne and judges from industry, government and the business community.
Guest speaker is Laura Dalrymple, co-founder of Feather and Bone Providores.
Inner West Business Environment Awards, Camperdown Commons 31a Mallett Street, Wednesday 29 November, 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
RSVP to the Communications team.