Business Environment Awards
Council is encouraging local businesses to celebrate their sustainable achievements by nominating for this year's Business Environment Awards (BEA).
Categories this year include:
Council Administrator Richard Pearson said the Awards are a great chance for Council to promote the benefits of sustainable business, and congratulate those already demonstrating commitment to sustainable practices.
- Energy Smart – For energy efficiency of gas and electricity and renewable energy
- Water Saver – For water efficiency, rainwater tanks and water sensitive urban design
- Rethink Waste – For avoiding, reducing, reusing and recycling waste
- Beyond Our Four Walls – For influencing supply chains to achieve sustainable outcomes
- Community Leadership – For taking leadership on community and social issues
- Sustainable Innovation – For exploring new and creative solutions to sustainability opportunities
- Sustainability Leadership – For actions over a range of initiatives and taking a holistic view of sustainability.
"Last year’s nominees saved more than 1.3 million litres of water, and off-set 57 tonnes of carbon emissions.
"They also prevented more than 280 tonnes of food waste from entering landfill.
"These results speak for themselves. This is why Council hosts the Business Environment Awards - to celebrate sustainable choices made by local businesses and organisations and their contributions towards a greener, less wasteful Inner West," Mr Pearson said.
For more information or to nominate, go to www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/businessawards. Nominations close at 5pm on Monday 31 October 2016.
For assistance with a nomination, contact Chris Weston on 9335 2061 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For print quality photos contact the Communication Team: Ashfield: 9716 1913, Leichhardt: 9367 9218, Petersham: 9335 2063