Don’t run the risk: walk, cycle and cross the light rail with care
Do your bit for a safer trip these school holidays
With more children, families and young people out an about in the school holidays, it’s more important than ever to pay attention around the light rail.
Tips for staying safe around the light rail
- Only cross at a pedestrian crossing
- Stay clear of the line when walking near the tracks
- Do not ride on the light rail tracks
- Don’t be distracted by your phone
- Hold the hand of any children you’re travelling with
- Be aware when wearing headphones, light rail vehicles are quiet and may not be heard.
The light rail provides an easy and simple way to get around. It’s important that everyone has a positive experience, starting with safety.
For more safety information and to plan your trip visit Transport NSW.