Register to speak at the Inner West Local Planning Panel meeting
Anyone who would like to speak about an Agenda Item at the Inner West Local Planning Panel (IWLPP) meeting must register by midday the day before the meeting via the meeting registration form below.
Only those who register using the online registration form will be able to speak. Please complete the form for each person wishing to speak.
Are there any rules for speaking at a Council or Committee Meeting?
The following rules apply when addressing a Council or Committee meeting:
- Keep your address to the point, the time allowed for each speaker is limited to three minutes. An alarm will be rung when you have reached your 3 minutes.
- The maximum number of public speakers on each item is 3 for and 3 against. You will be contacted by Council officers if more than 3 registrations are received.
- When addressing the Meeting you must speak to the Chairperson.
- The Panel Chairperson may curtail public participation where the information being presented is considered repetitive or irrelevant.
- Submissions cannot be longer than one A4 page. Additional documents and reports will not be received by the panel.
For further detailed information about speaking at a meeting please read the Operational guidelines below:
Local operational guidelines (PDF 27.5KB)
COVID19 - Teleconference Guidelines
Managing public meetings by teleconference will be a new experience for most. We’ve provided the below steps to assist with the meeting:
- Teleconference will start at 2pm.
- Try to find a quiet area to join the teleconference and use your earphones.
- Minimise external noises and shuffling papers near your phone.
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Always speak clearly and slowly.
- To ensure an orderly conduct of the teleconference, all members must listen and adhere to the Chair’s and Council’s Development Assessment Manager’s instructions.
- The Chair will facilitate this meeting, introduce all Panel members and explain why this meeting is being held by teleconference.
- Stay on task and speak only when asked by the Chair. Your registration information will be supplied to the Chair prior to the meeting.
- Please be respectful and do not talk over others.
- The proceedings of the meeting including any statements you choose to make during the meeting will be recorded and published on the website.
- The Panel may choose to adjourn the teleconference to deliberate if considered necessary.
- If there are any dialling-in issues on the day, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Decisions of the Panel
- All advice to Council given by the Panel is final; and
- All decisions will be confirmed in writing by Council after the meeting.
The COVID-19 situation has resulted in new challenges in the daily operations of Council facilities and services. There may be unavoidable disruptions and delays which Council will endeavour to minimise. We request for your patience and cooperation in these circumstances.
Should you have any enquiries or require assistance regarding this matter, please contact the relevant Assessment Planner.
What happens after I submit the form?
After completing the online form, you will be taken to a webpage confirming that your registration has been received. If you do not receive confirmation through our website please contact email@example.com to confirm your registration.
Current meeting agenda items
View the current meeting agenda items here prior to completing the form.
Apply to speak at the IWLPP/Register for a site inspection
Please note that uploads with more than one A4 page will not be accepted.
Mandatory field(s) marked with *